Our school day begins at 8:15 AM and ends at 3:15 PM. Buses begin to unload and students may arrive at 8:00 AM.
Students are not allowed to arrive at school before 8:00am unless they are involved in a special program. The school does not assume responsibility for students who arrive before 8:00am unless special permission is obtained in advance from the principal.
Students arriving at school late should notify the office on each occasion. Parents must accompany students to the office to sign the student in each time the students arrive at school after 8:15am. Failure to do so may result in the child being counted absent for that day. Please do not drop students off at school late as they will not be permitted to sign in on their own.
Parent Pick-Up Procedures:
The parent pick-up program was developed for parents who pick up their student(s) on a consistent daily/ weekly schedule. Parents remain in their vehicles and form a line on the road behind (between Central Elementary and Hollenbeck Middle). At 3:15 PM students will be brought outside based on the line order of vehicles. If you are interested in this service, please contact the school office. Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated. Please remember:
- You MUST have a Central Elementary issued tag (changes every year) to utilize the parent pick up line outside the school at dismissal. If you do not have your tag, you will be asked to park and a staff member will come over to assist you. At this time, we are limiting the number of visitors in the building.
- At any time, you may be asked to show ID for verification purposes.
- Please remain with your vehicle at all times while in the pickup line and inside your vehicle once dismissal begins.
- Refrain from smoking while on school grounds.
- Additional procedures will be provided at sign up.
Early Student Pick-Up:
If your child needs to leave school early, you will need to sign him or her out through the office. Teachers will not be able to dismiss students from their classrooms. If your child is going to be picked up from school by a family member or friend, you will need to send a note to school with your signature. The adult picking up your child will need to bring a photo ID. We do not offer office sign out for students after 2:30 pm and ask that students be dismissed to their regular dismissal of parent pick up, bus, Vacation Station, or day care.